What is a Rudraksha
- Primarily, Rudraksha is a bright blue fruit that grows on trees throughout certain parts of Asia. There is one seed inside each fruit, which are harvested, cleaned and turned into the brown seeds that can be commonly found in spiritual jewelry.
- They are the oldest known prayer beads on our planet and have been used for centuries by mystics and common people on their quest for enlightenment.
- Rudraksha are known to be one of the most powerful tools on one’s quest for self-realization.
- Rudraksha are often called the tears of Shiva (one of the main Hindu deities) as the belief is that when Shiva awakened after many years of meditation, he saw the suffering of humanity and proceeded to cry tears of compassion, where these tears fell the Rudraksha trees grew. This was his way of reminding us to search for and find the DIVINE Light that is within each of us.
- They can help to increase clarity, memory and awareness. To calm the nervous system and to quiet the mind. To bring peace, reduce stress and dissipate fear. Also believed to protect the wearer against negative forces and guide them to follow their hearts.
- See benefits of Rudraksha below for more information Here
What is a Mala?
- Traditionally a mala is a prayer garland of 108 beads, plus a guru bead, used to recite mantras.
- A mala is a tool used both in meditation and to enhance one’s life and daily practices.
- It is a reminder that you have chosen to walk in the light, to be your authentic self and to do good in the world around you.
- A Mala is a connection to your true self every time you reach up and touch it.
- It will often have a guru bead on the end of it (see below).
What is a Guru bead?
- It is the bead at the end of a mala, The 109th Often referred to as the pendant and is usually situated right before the tassel.
- A Guru bead helps us remember where we came from and those who have taught us along the way.
- It acts as a guide leading the way to freedom.
- Reminds us to honor and give thanks to our Guru’s, teachers, mentors, parents and those who have helped show us the right path.
Why 108 beads in a Mala?
- The number 108 has many deep spiritual and scientific meanings too lengthy to write here but the ones we find most significant are…
- If we dissect the number 108. 1 stands for God/higher truth, 0 stands for completeness or emptiness and 8 stands for eternity.
- There are 108 names of Lord Shiva (Rudraksha grew from his tears of compassion)
- The chakras are the intersections of energy lines and there is said to be 108 energy lines
converging to form the heart chakra.
- Often mantras are repeated 108 times before the cycle is considered complete.
- There are 54 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet. Each has masculine and feminine, Shiva and Shakti. 54 x 2= 108
- In Astrology there are 9 planets and 12 houses, 9x12 = 108
- The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth.
- The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the sun
What does AUM mean
- Aum (often spelt Om) is known to be the first sound that ever was. In the beginning was the word AUM and then the universe arose from it.
- In its essence, AUM represents the sound of divinity in ALL things past, present and future.
- AUM, is the beginning; it is the middle; and it is the end
What is JAPA
- Japa is the repetition of a mantra or divine name. Quite frequently these will be repeated 108 times until the cycle is complete.
- Often Japa coincides with rudraksha malas as the 108 beads serve as a counter for your japa mantra.
What are the Benefits of wearing Rudrakshas
The ancient art of healing with rudraksha had almost been lost but the knowledge is slowly being returned to us. Spiritually, mentally and physically Rudraksha have been used for centuries as they are believed to be a powerful healing tool with many benefits, Such as.
- Rudraksha are considered to be one of the best tools for meditation and prayer.
- Destroys negative energy
- Helps to overcome obstacles
- Quietens the mind while giving peace and guiding you in your daily life.
- Promotes purity of thought.
- They can remove or lessen negative karma.
- Helps one to follow their true path.
- Expands consciousness.
- Awakens the divine energy within you.
- Strengthens the heart.
- Known to Lower blood pressure.
- Cooling to the body while worn.
- Calms the nervous system
- Increases mental clarity
- Can Increases energy and stamina
- Alleviates depression
How to Activate your Rudraksha Mala?
- Rudraksha Beads are sacred, in order to activate them before wearing them we feel it is important to understand your intention for this Rudraksha adornment and to express this internally before you wear them.
- Activate your mala with holy water and a while chanting a mantra for each bead (often the mantra used is “AUM Hreem Namah Shivaya”)
- Put them on and hold them as you sit quietly for a few minutes or as long as you feel necessary, let them bond with you and absorb your energy.
- Often people will leave them outside during a full moon to capture and harness the energy of this powerful ally
How to make my rudraksha Darker?
- As you wear them, they will absorb the natural oils from your body, which makes them darker and creates a magnetic bond with your rudraksha. As they are now a part of you.
- You can also use any natural oil that you prefer to help them get darker quicker. This will also help them to maintain their longevity.
What are the benefits of the Gemstones on my mala?
- The tag of your mala should have the gemstone labelled on it, so please go to our website for all the information you need on your stone. Here it is
- If for whatever reason you don’t have the tag or don’t know what your stone is, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to explain everything to you. Contact Us
Where is Aum Rudraksha Head Quarters
- We are in Bali, Indonesia
- Aum Rudraksha Design. Jl. Raya Uluwatu No. 108, Pecatu – Bali 80361
- Whatsapp / Phone +62878 6189 4416
Can I make a custom design?
- Yes absolutely!! Everyone can make their own design if they so desire. Please just Contact us and we can help you via WhatsApp text/Call or via email.
- If you are in Bali, please feel free to come into our office and we will work with you to make your design ideas a reality
- You can also download this template, fill it out and send it back to us. We will help you fulfil the order and walk you through the next steps in crating your custom design. (Add link of mala designs template)
How to become a Wholesaler or Aumbassador?
- We are always looking to work with more like-minded people who want to share this journey with us and help us to fulfil our mission.
- Please just fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.
- As we are located in Bali Indonesia, shipping can sometimes be lengthy and expensive. We do apologise for this but most of these logistical concerns are out of our hands (ie: incurring extra custom charges or shipping delays due to weather, political turmoil).
- We will always explore options for our clients and customers to get the best deal possible. For this reason, we do encourage you to buy from our distributor closest to you, in order to avoid high shipping or customs costs
- We ship abroad primarily using UPS Service, EMS and FedEx and PT POS Indonesia
- Shipping within Indonesia we use, JNE, J&T and PT POS Indonesia
How do I Repair my mala?
- We will fix your broken mala/bracelet for free. We only ask that you pay the shipping costs and the costs of any additional stones that might have been lost or need to be replaced. Please send to our headquarters in Bali
Contact info for AUM Rudraksha
- email@example.com (main information email)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (customer service)
- +62 878-6189-4416